Monday, May 26, 2008

炎之蜃气楼DVD特典CD 高耶バイト地獄巡り編 - Track 02 高坂篇

From Chinese translations by 枫铃.

Draft: Version 1 - final
Notes:
PS: do not distribute this without my permission



Takaya: Well here I am unemployed again, damn those two bastards, Naoe and Chiaki, for getting in the way. ...Still, there's no sense in whining about it now, it'd be best to pluck up my spirits and find a fun, new job...


(vehicle passes by)
Takaya: Hmmm? ...Postal bike rider...?


(at work)
Takaya: Mmmm... It's been a long time since I last experienced this pleasant wind! Well, even if this isn't my dream bike, motorbikes are still the best. I can just cruise alongside the beach in this way! ...Wait, I'm at work now, better not be doing that. (looks at information) Let's see... Arai-san of Sanchoume Nibanchi. Turn left at the next junction, then go straight ahead...


Takaya: About 100m ahead, that man wearing a trench coat, leaning against the side of the house, with both arms folded across his chest, is...

(stops bike)
Kousaka: I've been waiting, Uesugi.

Takaya: K-Kousaka?!!

Kousaka: Hmph, now working as a postal bike rider... Seems like the Uesugi have fled at the mere sight of the Takeda, giving up their fight for righteousness and whatnot, and have returned to their farms and elderly with all haste. You look like a complete failure, Kagetora-dono.

Takaya: Shut up, this is none of your business... Back to the matter at hand, what's a brat like you doing here?

Kousaka: To think that you'd dare say 'what's a brat like you' and so on to your client. How tactful of you.

Takaya: Client?! So you were the one who requested for my services? B-But it's clearly stated here that 'Arai-san'...

Kousaka: (evasive) There's no need to concern yourself with such trivial details.

Takaya: But this is important!

Kousaka: I presume you can send a little something on my behalf. (fetches out a box)

Takaya: What the hell is with this box, it's huge yet unexpectedly light... furthermore, it's beautifully wrapped with a red ribbon... What on earth is this?

Kousaka: What a nosy person you are.

Takaya: It's only natural to be curious!

Kousaka: Stop with your complaining, I want you to send this box to oyakata-sama on my behalf.

Takaya: Shingen?

Kousaka: Here, I shall leave this to you.

Takaya: Shingen... Something's fishy... just what on earth is inside this box, not to mention that he deliberately picked me to send it! Hey, wait a minute, this isn't anything dangerous right!!

Kousaka: Hmph! What a coward. Don't worry, concealed within is my love for oyakata-sama...

Takaya: ! ...I'm getting a little dizzy...

Kousaka: Today is the auspicious date of oyakata-sama's birthday. I was planning to enclose myself in a box and be directly presented to oyakata-sama, but for various reasons...

Takaya: Ah... my head is spinning more and more...

Kousaka: This is the address.

Takaya: Umm, Yamanashi prefecture Koufu city... Te... De... Teshoku (laughs nervously) Umm... what the heck is this kanji? How on earth do you read this?

Kousaka: (sighs) What an uneducated brat, this is obviously 'tsutsuji asaki'.

Takaya: Ohhh... So that's how you write the character 'tsutsuji'... I didn't know that...

Kousaka: Hmph, to think that the general of the Mekai Uesugi army is incapable of recognizing this level of kanji. ...Seems like the Uesugi are in dire need of talent.

Takaya: Ch! I understand it now!

Kousaka: If you understand it then get going at once! Before the love I'm offering to oyakata-sama turns cold...

Takaya: Arghhh... don't say anymore, it's getting more unbearable with each word!

Kousaka: Just a friendly reminder considering your ineptness Kagetora-dono, I hope you find the place by evening, and not get yourself lost in the process...

Takaya: Don't take me for an idiot! I'm not some little errand boy!!

Kousaka: Then I have nothing to worry about. Well then, have a pleasant journey...

Takaya: Ch!


Takaya: Damn it! That bastard Kousaka, talking down on me like that, if not for my financial problems... Eh?? What's with that car? It has been tailing me since just now... I've seen that car somewhere before... A dark-blue Mercedes Benz 560... Don't tell me it's...!

Naoe: Takaya-san! I cannot just let things be when you are doing something so dangerous as transporting the enemy's package!!

Takaya: N-Naoe?! What the hell are you doing here? Don't tell me you're here to interfere with my work again?

Naoe: What are you saying, Takaya-san! That package is extremely dangerous, if it's not immediately destroyed...

Takaya: It's nothing dangerous! Just some gift of love for his oyakata-sama or whatever, ch!

Naoe: You don't understand Kousaka's character, do you! He has deliberately caused you to lower your sense of vigilance in order to frame you, Kagetora-sama!! I can't let his flowery words deceive you!

Takaya: Mind your own business! In any case, stop following me! I don't want to get fired this time! I've a loan to repay!

Naoe: If you can be fooled by such a ruse, you can't become a true general! Please awaken your instincts... Takaya-san!

Takaya: (annoyed) ...Geez, you're persistent!!

(accelerates)

Naoe: Ah, please w-wait, Takaya-san! (in a serious tone) Takaya-san, you're sorely mistaken if you think you can outrun my Benz 560.

Takaya: Damn it, that Naoe's really serious about this, and what's with that arrogant mug...

Naoe: Takaya-san, please stop!

Takaya: Like hell I will!

Naoe: No, I'm referring to that boar!

Takaya: Eh?? Boar?!!

Naoe: Takaya-san!

(CRASH)

Naoe: (stops car and gets out) Are you all right? Takaya-san?

Takaya: (coughs) Why did a boar suddenly dash out??!

Naoe: This region is well known for its pork hotpot. Are you hurt?

Takaya: I'm fine...

Naoe: (sigh of relief) That's good.

Takaya: How is that good! My bike's ruined!

Naoe: As long as you are safe, Takaya-san, I do not care about anything else.

Takaya: But I care!!

Naoe: The most important thing is your life, other matters are not worth thinking about.

Takaya: ...Um?

Naoe: What's the matter, Takaya-san?

Takaya: That... (looks around) Where's that package I had to send?

Naoe: Please don't worry about that, it tumbled off the cliff and sank into the river.

Takaya: EHHHHH???!!! Oh no! Don't tell me I'm going to be fired again?? (cries)

Naoe: That was a close one, Takaya-san.

Takaya: This is all your fault!!!

Kousaka: My, my, what a ridiculous scene we have here...

Naoe: Kousaka?! Since when did you...

Kousaka: I expected such a blunder. Fortunately, I've found another courier to handle the delivery, proved to be the sensible thing to do.

Naoe: What?! You were so well-prepared!

Takaya: (crying) I'm going to be fired... Unemployed again...

Naoe: (anxious) Takaya-san!

Kousaka: Hmph, as expected there's really no future for one following a general who is but a child, your luck is really the worst. I, Kousaka Danjou, now truly understand just how privileged I am to be oyakata-sama's retainer.

Naoe: How dare you, Kousaka! Shut your mouth!

Takaya: (still crying) The loan...

Naoe: Takaya-san, please pull yourself together!

Kousaka: By the looks of things, the Uesugi's desire to unify the powers of the Yami Sengoku is nothing but a dream. As I thought, the Takeda will soon regain territorial control over the lands. We shall meet again, Uesugi.

(Kousaka walks away laughing)

Naoe: Wait, Kousaka!

Takaya: (still crying) The loan... the loan... the loan...

Naoe: Takaya-san! Please pull yourself together! Takaya-san!


Original fiction © Kuwabara Mizuna.

0 comments:

BTemplates.com

Powered by Blogger.