Monday, November 12, 2007

赤の神紋 Drama CD 3 - Jealous Yellow - Track 05 Get the Dog Heart

From Chinese translations by Tang.

Draft: Version 1 - final
Notes: Le Rouge et le Noir
PS: do not distribute this without my permission

(cat meowing)

Sakura: Honestly, Hotaru-chan... although I'm happy you're pawing at me for attention, will you please spare me for now since I'm wearing white clothes at the moment...

Renjou: So that brat Nitobe acted out Julien before Kei in front of everybody else during the dress rehearsal. How did the others react?

Sakura: Hmm... Kei-kun looked really depressed. Furthermore, before that dress rehearsal he had to be sent to hospital after bumping his head against the corner of a table as a result of having been struck by Nitobe-san.

Okuda: That's seriously too much... Didn't the director say anything?

Sakura: Well, because the other guy is that Nitobe-san...

Renjou: A few days ago he was followed by some strange person as well...

Okuda: Kazuragawa should be okay, right...

Sakura: Ah, wait!! Don't stretch out your claws, Hotaru-chan...


Mamiya: Don't be so worried, Kazuragawa-kun.

Kei: Ah, Mamiya-san.

Mamiya: You didn't lose to Nitobe-san, your performance was really charming, Kazuragawa-kun.

Kei: Sorry, it just doesn't look like an affair with Mrs. Rênal, Nitobe-san has said that it merely appears to be a mother and son relationship, that's possibly my fault...

Mamiya: That's not true, moreover Julien has never had a mother since young, so it's not surprising that he would see me as a mother.

Kei: Mamiya-san's fragrance, really makes me feel nostalgic, it's the same one that my mother used to wear...

Mamiya: L'air du Temps, really.

(Crowd bustling about)

Kei: What is it? Looks like someone has come.

Haibara: May I have a look around? Everyone, please don't mind me. Please continue with your dress rehearsal like usual.

Kei, Nitobe: Haibara-san!

Nitobe: Is your wound all right now?

Haibara: Can I have a look at the script?

Kei: Haibara-san will be watching.

Nitobe: Now's my chance! I want to show Haibara-san the disparity between that brat and myself! I want him to remember how I was during Divine Red!

Haibara: Please don't bother about me. Begin.

Clevino: You have seen it, haven't you? Mathilde has been enchanted by you, what are you still afraid of? Just be straightforward.

Julien: We cannot treat that Paris doll lightly, she is indeed extraordinarily good-looking though.

Clevino: Matilde sees you as a hero, a hero that is said to have been extinguished by the Parisian society.

Kei: Haibara-san is watching, Haibara-san is watching!

Clevino: Just dominate her like a hero.

Julien: Matilde is not that kind of simple-minded woman...

Nitobe: Let Haibara-san remember my strength! Please watch me, Haibara-san!

Julien: What do you expect me to do!

Clevino: You are unexpectedly whining? It really isn't like you to do so.

Julien: Is this what I really want?

Clevino: Compared with a suffocating religious school, this is much better.

Julien: I am a little tired, Clevino.


(Haibara calls Nitobe and Kei to the rooftop)

Haibara: Both of you truly disappoint me.

Kei, Nitobe: Ah!!

Haibara: Never did I expect it to be so mediocre.

Nitobe: Haibara-san!!

Haibara: If your performances are still stuck at this level by the time of the staging, both of you don't have to bother about portraying Auguste anymore.

Kei: Ah...

Nitobe: What do you mean, Haibara-san!

Haibara: That is not acting! Those are just gestures to attract the attention of the audience. The two of you are merely shouting "Me, Me" in dissatisfaction, what disgusting performances! Truly loath-inducing!

Nitobe: That isn't so! The reason I'm this prominent is because that brat Kazuragawa is too deficient!

Haibara: You're really shameful, Arata! Ikebe has been too lenient resulting in this unsatisfactory situation, the harmony and spirit of the performers are completely absent. Both of you truly disappoint me.

Kei, Nitobe: ...

Haibara: Kei, I selected you as a candidate not for the reason of seeing you in this meager state. In your mind you're only concerned with not wanting to lose to Arata. Not only are you conceited at this point but your portrayal of the character's emotions is in a complete mess. Your acting can't even be considered as an imitation, it's merely an artificial performance!

Kei: Ah, ah...

Haibara: Arata, not having seen you for a period of time, I never expected that your acting skills would become so crude, just like a cardboard doll, just like a soft toy! What an extremely disappointing performance!

Nitobe: Haibara-san...

Haibara: Clevino must give the audience the impression that he is a genuine existence, this is a must! But what on earth is with your acting? You're just making a complete hash of things, a chaotic mess! There is not a single hint of dread from his spiritual existence to be felt, it would be better if this sort of Clevino didn't exist.

Nitobe: ...

Haibara: The official performance is still half a month away, if both of you want a challenge, destroy the foundations of your portrayals that you've built thus far and start over from scratch. Otherwise, the probability of success for this play will be zero.

Kei: Start over from scratch...

Haibara: Even if I believe this to be impossible... (walks away)

Nitobe: Please wait! If that's the case, please direct me! I won't listen to anyone else's direction other than yours!

Haibara: Don't utter such distasteful words, the director of this play is Ikebe.

Nitobe: Then please tell me, what is it about him that is so good, what is it about Kazuragawa that is so exceptional! Please remember! Only I, in this world only I can portray your spirit!

Haibara: Don't think so highly of yourself, Arata! Portrayal, this is no simple matter. Do you really think you can portray my spirit with your degenerate soul at present?! I feel like shredding you into pieces as punishment for saying these words!

Nitobe: ...

Haibara: Listen well, if you can't be reborn in this show, don't hope to recite Auguste's lines in your heart anymore. At this moment, every other person in this world is much more qualified to portray Auguste than you are!

Nitobe: ...

Haibara: Go and die... Nitobe Arata.

Nitobe: Haibara-san...


(wandering about the streets)

Kei: Haibara-san is right, what the heck have I been doing all this while. I'm not acting out Julien, I just have his name. Because of my current situation, I've just wasted the time away, what on earth have I been doing. (screams) Just think! What Julien experienced in his upbringing, the suffering in Verrières, in the 19 years of his life, that strong feeling of suspicion, the level of his excessive sensitivity. Julien is simply like a... like a... Damn it! (splashes about in a public fountain) Where are you, Julien! Ah...?

(dog growling)

Tramp: Hey kid, better stay away from that dog, he'll bite you if you get too close.

Kei: Bite?

Tramp: It has grown very timid because it was constantly picked on by others, it'll believe that it's being bullied again.

Kei: Julien was violently treated by his siblings as well, this dog is very much like him, I wonder what the world looks like through the eyes of this dog? From the point of view of a dog...


(at a bar)

Nitobe: (wrecking everything madly) I've been thrown away... Haibara-san has said that he doesn't want me anymore...

Haibara: Go and die... Arata...

Nitobe: I...


(at the rehearsal hall)

Ikebe: Nitobe and Kazuragawa haven't arrived yet? What the heck is going on?!

Man: I can't get in contact with either one of them!

Ikebe: What?! Are they quitting the dress rehearsal?!

Mamiya: Kazuragawa-kun...

Kei: Sorry I'm late...

Mamiya: What happened to you?! Your clothes and hair are in a mess! Ah, you're so cold! Don't tell me you didn't go home yesterday?!

Ikebe: Where did you run off to?!

Kei: In order to grasp the character of Julien..

Ikebe: What?!

Kei: I took a stroll in the neighborhood, with the viewpoint of a dog.

Ikebe: A dog?

Mamiya: Anyway, you should take a shower first and warm up your body.

Kei: There's no need to, let me act out Julien! Please start the dress rehearsal...

Original fiction © Kuwabara Mizuna

0 comments:

BTemplates.com

Powered by Blogger.