Tuesday, November 27, 2007

赤の神紋 Drama CD 3 - Jealous Yellow - Track 06 My Dear 'Auguste'

From Chinese translation by Tang.

Draft: Version 1 - final
Notes:
PS: do not distribute this without my permission

Okuda: If that brat Nitobe doesn't come to his senses, he'll be expelled from the theatrical circle.

Renjou: He just got a very large shock.

Okuda: However this depends on his own performance, his management office pampered him too much. Never having had a taste of suffering, that's why that kid reacted in this way.

Renjou: He still has that sort of strength.

Okuda: I'm really looking forward to this duel, however... Really! If they give boring performances, I will personally go to their management offices and beat them up! I'm serious, Renjou!

Renjou: Hey, over there, isn't that...

Okuda: Ah? Looks like Nitobe, what is he doing? Staring at his feet in that sort of place.

Renjou: Below are the railway tracks. Don't tell me he's...!

Okuda: That idiot! He wants to jump onto the tracks. Hey! Do you want to die?!

Renjou: Hey, don't do it!! Nitobe!! Don't do it!!

Okuda: This idiot!

Renjou: What are you trying to do, Nitobe!

Okuda: Hey, what's wrong with you?! Just his sunglasses and scarf dropped in right? Hey!! Idiot!! Do you still want to jump down?!

Nitobe: Let go of me! I have to die! Let go of me!!

Okuda: Your naiveté needs a limit!


Renjou: After bringing him to the rehearsal hall of the 'Flying Empire', Nitobe's appearance was extremely unsightly. He had a miserable expression on his face, he looked like an aged person, no matter how one looked at him the image of Auguste could not be seen at all. Why did he end up like this?


Renjou: Were you planning to mock Haibara?

Nitobe: Why did you stop me...

Renjou: If you were to jump on the tracks and commit suicide as well, not even Haibara can take it.

Nitobe: Are you referring to Fujisaki-san? I wasn't planning to do that...

Renjou: Then why?

Nitobe: Because Haibara-san told me to 'go and die'...

Renjou: What did you say?

Nitobe: If I die, Haibara-san will then acknowledge me. As long as I'm Auguste then it's fine, regardless of whether I'm awake or asleep. But the only place where I can become Auguste is on the stage, I have to stand on the stage.

Okuda: What are you talking about?

Nitobe: As long as I can play Auguste, I can give up money or even my reputation, it doesn't even matter if my name is not written on the cast listing, I only want to read Auguste's lines.

Okuda: You...

Nitobe: At Haibara-san's side, I was successful in my performance. Even if you despise me for being so dependent on Auguste to live, I only want to play Auguste. Ever since I played Auguste, no matter what other character I portray I always feel like I'm wearing a mask as I perform, nothing can arouse any response inside me. My acting skills grew more mediocre, the more I tried to tackle different plays, the more I realized that I only want to be Auguste, feeling more and more pained that I can't become an actor.

Renjou: Nitobe...

Nitobe: I know, looking back at a show that has already ended is useless, it'll merely cause myself to fall behind other people. Even though I've thought of breaking away from Auguste, however as long as there's a staging of Divine Red it's like a perished soul bothering me! Even if I depart from theater, even if I can't be an actor anymore, I don't care! It doesn't matter if I can't be a performer! As long as I can be Auguste!! I thought there would be an opportunity, thus I tolerated because I believed that there'll be a subsequent staging, but... Haibara-san however...

Renjou: Nitobe...

Nitobe: If he'll only allow me to play Auguste after I die, then I'll jump onto the tracks no matter how many times it takes! So please let me play Auguste!! I don't have any other request!!

Renjou: Nitobe definitely didn't become arrogant, more so he isn't performing because of any wild schemes. This is a deep withdrawal symptom, his thoughts have been engulfed by Auguste.

Nitobe: ...During the dress rehearsal, I clasped Kazuragawa's neck not because I hate him, just that whenever I see him I feel like killing him from the bottom of my heart.

Renjou: Nitobe!

Nitobe: Even if I have to kill him I want to take it back. But if I can't be Auguste even if I kill Kazuragawa, it's better that I die.

Renjou: Unexpectedly compelling an actor to this degree, what on earth is Divine Red! How cruel, as long as this man who is so attached to Auguste exists, you can never realize your desire, Kei.

Okuda: Come, Nitobe.

Nitobe: Ah?

Okuda: If you want to play Auguste so much, I'll let you portray him until you've had enough. You are Auguste Horwill, I am Claudius Juneau, let us perform Divine Red.

Renjou: Okuda!


(Okuda warming up with voice exercises)
Okuda: Hey, can you say your lines in that sort of condition? Warm up your voice.

Renjou: Are you serious, Okuda?

Okuda: Now, which segment do you want to act out? Take your pick.

Nitobe: You won't do, do you take me for a fool?! Not to mention that there is no prompt around.

Okuda: I won't need the prompt.

Nitobe: Have you remembered all the lines in Divine Red?! Do you think you've stood on the stage of Divine Red before?!

Okuda: So it's not possible for someone who hasn't stand on that stage to remember the script? Let me make this clear, my Claudius is different from Sakaguchi-san's.

Nitobe: But... Haibara-san has forbade me from reading those lines.

Okuda: This place is my empire. Do you want to act or not!

Nitobe: I want to act! ... please let me act...


Claudius: What is he up to, this scent of blood! A red... this is not paint, it is blood! Hey, pull yourself together! Is this your blood!

Auguste: Because I don't have any paint...

Claudius: Auguste!


Renjou: It has finally begun, Haibara Yuugetsu's Divine Red, court painter Claudius Juneau's jealousy of a genius artist Auguste Horwill, a story about his love and hate.


Claudius: You are really a madman, even if you don't do this, wouldn't you be able to paint again once you leave prison?

Auguste: Only now! It won't do if it isn't now, I feel this hand assimilating with God right now. If I miss this moment, this perfect streak will slip from my body and never return!

Claudius: Damn it! This beast is far from what I imagined, does he intend to exhaust all the blood in his body? What a disgusting lunatic! Are you not afraid of death?

Auguste: Is there anything I should be afraid of? There is nothing more frightening than having these divine hands stripped away from me. I don't even mind dying in this prison. But, what is cruel is that I do not have a brush or a canvas! Let me paint! Let me paint!!

Claudius: I understand, then paint! Paint on this very wall!

Renjou: That day, I fell inside the abyss of blood, the stage of destiny! That was the Auguste of that time. A genius is a genius, the dazzling sun, and, Okuda's interpretation of Claudius, is different from Haibara's. The one standing there is me, isn't he portraying my self?!

Claudius: Truly frightful... finding a person with a divine hand, I lost the meaning of my existence. I want to kill you, Auguste! I want to destroy your talent! I don't love you, however I love your artistic talent!

Renjou: That is exactly how I feel, that is exactly the way I think of Haibara! Why, Haibara! Those words are something that I should have written!

Auguste: Father... I was intoxicated with depicting that golden yellow of the sunflower, as a result I wasn't at my mother's side when she died, letting her leave by herself. Jan also hung himself. After killing the person that I love the most in this world, I can't believe I'm still painting, still drawing that lingering countenance.

Claudius: Weep, Auguste... The blood of all the people that you love are your drawing instruments. If painting is a type of sin, then paint that sin. Paint, Auguste, for my sake...

(Chopin's Op.10 No. 12 'Revolutionary' Etude)

Renjou: Haibara...


Wataru: Can I ask you something, Haibara-san?

Haibara: What is it?

Wataru: Why don't you personally guide Kazuragawa-kun? Like how you groomed me, you should personally train Kazuragawa-kun. Haibara-san, you seem very afraid of letting Kazuragawa-kun near you.

Haibara: ...!

Wataru: Sorry if my words are strange. But even if what I say is strange, this is extremely disadvantageous to Kazuragawa-kun. Compared with my skills which were tempered by Haibara-san, he's honestly too behind.

Haibara: I won't direct someone who has no chance of standing on my stage.

Wataru: Are you thinking of Fujisaki-san? Watanabe-san mentioned that Kazuragawa-kun has something very similar to Fujisaki-san.

Haibara: ...He doesn't resemble Fujisaki.

Wataru: He unexpectedly jumped onto the tracks during the dress rehearsal, both of his legs were crushed and severed, and thereafter left the theatrical stage. Haibara-san, I heard that you have persistently worn black clothes ever since Fujisaki-san's accident, the reason you wear high-neck shirts as though you want to conceal your heart is also because Fujisaki-san...

(Haibara pushes Wataru against a wall)

Haibara: What I hate the most is people who like to guess their way into the heart of the matter!!

Wataru: Haibara-san...


Okuda: How are you now? Have you vented enough?

Nitobe: Yes...

Okuda: There's no denying that your strength is greater than Kazuragawa's, but you seem too immersed in Auguste and forgot one very important matter.

Nitobe: Important matter? That's impossible, I didn't one bit-

Okuda: It's the audience.

Nitobe: Ah?

Okuda: I don't think Haibara will use an Auguste that doesn't welcome the audience in.

Nitobe: The audience...?

Okuda: Also, if you continue as you are now, you will lose to Kazuragawa.

Nitobe: Lose? Me? Just what is it that Kazuragawa has that I lack?!

Okuda: This is an answer that you can only find on the stage. You won't know from just a dress rehearsal.

Renjou: Okuda.

Okuda: That guy is still an actor, there's no mistake. I don't want to ruin him even if it's for Kazuragawa's sake.

Renjou: Your Claudius...

Okuda: It won't do unless it's me right.

Renjou: Okuda...

Okuda: Has he gone home?

Renjou: He left a note.

(on the paper)
Nitobe: Thank you very much, Nitobe Arata.

Okuda: He even wrote his name, he'll be fine.

Original fiction © Kuwabara Mizuna.

0 comments:

BTemplates.com

Powered by Blogger.