Friday, March 9, 2007

Wadatsumi audio

This is what happens when you don't actually listen to all the tracks of your drama CD. I had no clue that track 8 of この夜に、翼を was actually a snippet of the ending of the Wadatsumi arc (Book 11). I guess I was way too transfixed on Track 6...

But my god. I never thought that I would hear an audio representation of that fateful scene. And the voice-acting in this track is just brilliant - but then again, Seki Toshihiko and Hayami Sho have always marveled me with their perfectly tragic portrayals of these two characters...

Hayami-san captured Naoe's desperation and pain so well that it hurt to listen to him. The anguished plea to Kagetora to kill him, imploring him to end the pain. I don't think I've ever heard such grief in any of his other roles.

And Seki-san can do no wrong in my eyes ♥ bringing to life Kagetora's desperation and horror at Naoe's suicidal state of mind.

I especially love the tender scene that preceded the madness. Naoe gently comforting Kagetora who was in a bit of a shock having just shot a man, followed by the attempt to pull the trigger while the gun was still in Kagetora's hands.

A compelling turning-point in the books perfectly fleshed out by these two brilliant seiyuu. Nope, can't stop listening to the track.

0 comments:

BTemplates.com

Powered by Blogger.